Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thanks, Jennifer!

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that fisheries biologist and blog colleague Jennifer Jacquet of the amazing Shifting Baselines blog is in attendance at the 11th International Coral Reef Symposium here in Fort Lauderdale. We bumped into each other in the halls and it was great to catch-up even briefly. I also have to take a moment to thank Jennifer for indulging my star struck request to introduce me to Dr. Daniel Pauly. It wasn't just a handshake and a see-you-later that he gave me. Dr. Pauly invited me to sit next to him and we had a chance to chat during lulls in the afternoon sessions.

I didn't realize Dr. Pauly was such a wise ass! He was cracking me up with side comments throughout the afternoon. Thanks again, Jennifer. It was great seeing you again and spending some time with Dr. Pauly made my afternoon!

No comments: