Not that getting here was a delight. Most of us were thwarted in getting here on time yesterday when summer thunderstorms closed Atlanta and Miami airports for a while. I sat on the tarmac in Knoxville, TN for over an hour waiting for Atlanta to reopen. I have nothing to bitch about, though, as one of the delegates from Israel just told me about the crazy security checks she had to endure just getting here.
The schedule at a glance indicates what a full week it's going to be. This morning is all about ceremonial openings (and abysmal speeches from Florida Congressional representatives), checking-in, collecting abstracts, uploading presentations, and meeting old friends. Not that there aren't scientific sessions today either. Reef Management sessions kick off at 11AM, so I'll have more to comment later. For now I'm off to hang my poster and grab coffee.









3 comments:
Say hi from me if you see Iliana Baums and Nick Polata from Penn State!
Anyone from CNMI there?
kevin...
i'll keep my eyes open for them...
angelo...
there have been a few people i've heard during q&a sessions who have identified as being from saipan (noaa folk), but not met anyone yet personally...
Post a Comment