I leave for San Francisco in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, and I've gotta say that I'll really miss Chattanooga. Perched on the banks of the Tennessee River, Chattanooga is a beautiful, vibrant, and rejuvenated city. I enjoyed meeting the local people, talking about civil war history, and enjoyed the warm evening walks along the waterfront. If today's news of Volkswagen opening a new manufacturing plant in Chattanooga are any indication, economic prosperity is also assured for this small community.And despite the crazy humidity and excessive goddiness, it's actually a place I'd like to return to someday soon. The food was great and the hospitality warm. Plus, if the freshwater collections at the Tennessee Aquarium were any indication, I absolutely MUST get underwater in the Tennessee River! From the exhibits, there's some bizzaro, monstrously huge life in there: sturgeon, carp, tarpon, alligator gars (and alligators too!).
And how can you not LOVE a place with classified ads like this (verbatim from the Chattanooga Times Free Press):
Fire Wood for sale, must get rid of, interested email me please. Or if you are in need of the wood we can give you a couple pieces, just email me about it.









No comments:
Post a Comment