Write about climate change and rising sea levels forcing Pacific island communities to seek the safety of higher ground and you get silence. But speculate on some fictional monster in an upcoming Hollywood blockbuster and people go ape shit. Thanks to a shout-out by Craig over at Deep Sea News about my Cloverfield ruminations, I received a spike of visits to my site today. But with it also came an unbelievable volume of Since I have comment moderation enabled, I've been able to spare you the creative use of expletives that have been tossed my way––though I must admit it's been a while since I've been called a "dick wad". What can I say to what I only presume to be a cohort of tetchy 18-32 year old male readers who appear to have so much invested in the outcome of a movie? I think the inimitable









1 comment:
ROTFL... Shatner really hit the nail on the head with that sketch. Of course, being on the fringes of that culture myself, I can understand both sides.
What I DON'T understand is the attacks, which make NO sense at all.
I've noticed that people are getting ruder and ruder. I don't do comment moderation (I'm tempted) but I've stopped accepting anonymous comments. (I see you have, too) because of the amount of abuse I get.
I'll say you should be flattered that so many people feel so strongly about your blog (lol) but know how irritating comments from obsessive morons can get.
Post a Comment