I've been all over the planet with posts today. I started in Mexico. Moved on to Papua New Guinea. Now I'm in Hawaii with great news that our first shipment of 20 coral reef educational signs are being installed all over the Island of Maui. Two big players in making this dream a reality are in the image at the top: CORAL Hawaii Field Manager Liz Foote and State of Hawaii Division of Aquatic Resources Education Specialist, Russell Sparks.Installation underwriting for the signs is being sponsored by businesses, organizations, hotels, resorts, and concerned individuals across Maui. And word on the ground is that the Big Island and Oahu are green with envy and are looking to have our signs installed at popular tourist destinations on those islands as well. Yee-haw!
Here are a few snaps sent to me of the Maui signs:


Installation at Kamaole Beach Park III getting the approval and "shaka's" from the lifeguards. From left to right they are Josh Edlao, Kaipo Chong, and Keola Brown.













1 comment:
Hi Rick, thanks again for posting about the signage project! It's exciting to see them being installed!
I wanted to give a photo credit to Bob & Lis Richardson from Kihei Community Association...they sent me the picture of the lifeguard crew at Kamaole III with the newly-installed sign.
And hopefully soon I'll be able to send you a photo with the whole "design team:" myself, Russell, along with Megan Webster and Geoff Moore.
Post a Comment