Thursday, May 17, 2007

Global Climate Change Is A Lie And Humans Are Not To Blame

Convinced? Neither am I. Apparently Alexander Cockburn's Jedi mind trick has failed. Then again, perhaps the force was never with him.

In case you haven't heard (and quite frankly why should anyone be keeping up on the crazed ramblings of a once semi-respected and now ludicrous, self-serving political pundit?), Cockburn's been using his column in The Nation to spout his climate change denialist screed to anyone interested in wasting the 4.5 minutes of their lives to try to follow his train-wreck of half truths, lies, conspiracy-theorizing, and stellar demonstration of lack of scientific understanding.

At first I found his climate change denial annoying yet predictable... just another flailing, inconsequential, end-of-career commentator publicly coughing-up his sputum and capitalizing on an alleged controversy to appear au currant (or at least newsworthy). On later reflection, I decided I was right. All Cockburn has done is join the ranks of other conspiracy nut-jobs like Holocaust denialists or 9/11 "truthers."

For some real entertainment though, check-out George Monbiot's debunking of Cockburn's position. A little bit of Monbiot goes a long way. But at least he begins his response with some well-placed hubris:
Let me begin this response with an admission of incompetence. I am not qualified to comment on the scientific claims made in Alexander Cockburn's article. But nor is Cockburn qualified to make them.

No comments: