
After a long run of months without a break and a more-than-full workload of proposals, reports, strategic planning, budgets, many, many meetings, and coordinating conservation activities in one domestic and six international project sites I'm ready for a little down time. Manuel and I are headed for a much needed vacation and we're doing it up right with a roadtrip tomorrow to Mendocino, California. It's our first visit to this cozy north coast town which is supposed to be the next best thing to New England on the West Coast. Think New England charm meets world-class California wine country. And then there are all those happy California cows and goats churning out amazing artisanal cheeses. I could go on.

I see lots of sleeping-in, mid-day naps, tidepooling for spectacular seaweeds, nudibranchs and Giant Pacific Octopus, working on a stack of backlogged reading while sipping wine on our deck overlooking the ocean, and evenings quaffing many pints of
North Coast Brewing's best microbrews. Did I mention the private deck overlooking the ocean? And yes, that's our room in the picture. While I expect to be blissfully free of cell phone reception and broadband internet access, I'll certainly be bringing along a digital camera to record my own personal rapid ecological assessment of amazing north coast marine life. Expect a slew of photos from my bioblitz efforts next week. Stay outta trouble, y'all.
1 comment:
Hey, what size shirts do the people in your office want? I don't mind sending out a few. You just have to promise to send me a picture of everyone wearing the shirt in front of a SF landmark...a trolley would be cool
Post a Comment