Now while this post title might sound a bit like a threat, in this particular case I can assure you it's far from it! In fact, you would be doing GrrlScientist (the sobriquet of prolific science writer and force behind the amazing blog Living the Scientific Life) a HUGE favor. GrrlScientist is currently in third place in a competition to send a blogger to the great white south for a month of first-hand commentary on what they see, smell, and think in this vast frontier. How cool! Literally! I've already cast my vote to send GrrlScientist on her way. But she needs your vote as well. So I'm compelled to reach out to my 15 readers and ask you to throw down for my science blogging colleague and cast your vote to send her to Antarctica.
I met GrrlScientist at Science Online '09 last January in North Carolina and I can confidently affirm that she's precisely who I'd love to see relaying Antarctic impressions to a curious readership. An evolutionary biologist and ornithologist, I can just imagine the ruminations we could expect from her on penguins, Antarctic adaptations, penguins, isolation, penguins, and her many and varied descriptions of frozen nose hairs.
And if she makes it to Antarctica, I'm sure she will feel such gratitude to this ocean blogger that we can expect more than just a few posts on marine life below the ice. Can you say chased by hungry Leopard seals?
Please vote for GrrlScientist today. Vote early. Vote often.









No comments:
Post a Comment