See the cartoon fish with the goofy look on his/her face above? That's NOAA's new marine debris program mascot. Yes, marine debris now has a mascot. I wish I could refer to the marine debris mascot fish by name, but he/she doesn't have one.Yet.
That's where you come in.
Step 1: Find a US student in grades 1-6;
Step 2: Come up with a clever, catchy name that speaks to the key NOAA messages of,
“Keep the sea free of debris!”Step 3: Reread Step 2, this time without laughing; and
"Reduce, reuse, and recycle!"
"Marine debris is a global problem we can solve and by working together we can make a difference."
Step 4: Submit your entry form to NOAA before April 15.
Winners will be notified by April 30, 2009. The winning name will be featured on the NOAA Marine Debris Program’s website and all future products featuring their fishy friend. There's word that the winner will also receive a lifetime supply of marine debris, but officials at NOAA could not be reached for comment.









1 comment:
Maybe I'm in a grumpy mood today but the first thing that popped into my head was:
Futility
Post a Comment