Saturday, February 02, 2008

¡Dios Mío! ¡Es Un Sirena!

So now I know what's really killing coral reefs. It's all those damn mermaids standing on them!

At the risk of appearing that MBSL&S has gone all Hollywood (what with our foray into video spots and the SF Ocean Film Festival last night), I've yet another video to share. This is just in from our Mexican project site where we provided a microgrant for a community-based coral reef conservation project on the island of Cozumel. The local community stakeholders wanted to produce a public outreach and education campaign that would appeal to children and promote the Cozumel Marine Park. Other than the footage of spooking a resting nurse shark, I think they did a great job. The spot will air on local television and play in movie theaters. There will also be school curriculum developed to support the message.

No comments: