So I'm fresh back from San Francisco where CORAL's Executive Director and I spent a fun evening with Vice President Al Gore. Well, Brian got to spend quality time, I got to take a picture. To be fair, I got to shake his chubby hand too and chat a bit about his Academy Award. He was cordial and funny but quickly whisked away.
The event was the latest City Arts and Lectures forum and hosted by the California Academy of Sciences. In addition to the talk, Brian and I had VIP tickets to the private reception with the VP. A great spread and open bar had me moving from the potsticker station to the baby lamb chops to the wine. Oh, and passed hors'deurves of fresh spring rolls and caviar topped salmony nibbly things. And Gore didn't miss a beat shmoozing with Brian while simultaneously calling back the catering staff with the tray of baby lamb chops. Please, he served under President Bubba, king of late night snacking.I have to admit that while I'm a big fan of the Vice President, his chat with John McCosker was a bit of a snooze fest. Then again, maybe it was the 4 glasses of wine on top of the Manhattan. Naw, it was a bit of a bore... nothing really new that we haven't already heard in An Inconvenient Truth. It would have been great if he veered off script a bit. But regardless, a fantastic evening and a great opportunity to celebrate yesterdays Supreme Court ruling on greenhouse gases. And who better to celebrate this victory with than Mr. Gore?


No comments:
Post a Comment